Pair your lean protein with iron-rich spinach to make this party-worthy meal!
By Lara McGlashan, May 28, 2013
Photo: Paul Buceta
Ready in 30 minutes • Makes 4 servings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.25kg boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 420g canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (or tsp dried)
- 285g fresh spinach
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil and cook chicken until lightly browned on each side, approximately 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomatoes, oregano and basil; place spinach on top of the chicken and cover tightly.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, approximately 15 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper and top with cheese. Serve with salad or steamed vegies.
Make this recipe healthier: Use “no-salt added” crushed tomatoes to reduce your sodium by around 110 milligrams per serving!
Approx. nutrients per serving: Calories: 260, Total Fats: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 100 mg, Sodium: 322 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 10 g, Dietary Fibre: 3 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 40 g, Iron 3 mg
Currently rated by 0 people
Comments You need to log in to comment.