As soon as we decline food at a social gathering BANG everyone asks WHY?? Are you dieting? Come on a little won’t hurt or I love this one “you got to enjoy life”???? Come on who enjoys the feeling the next day of over indulging??? And why do we feel me are missing out if we DO stay strong and say NO thank you? It drives me mad!!!!!A lot of my clients are social butterflies and they always say BUT how can I lose weight, I go to a lot of social functions for work and don’t have time to be prepared!!! Um sorry to say but a little bit of discipline and you CAN get results with any lifestyle, you just have to be prepared and have a PLAN!!!! So I thought I would share with you all what I do at social occasions to avoid stacking on the kilos lol………
· BBQs - Take a huge platter of vegetable sticks and salsa or cottage cheese made into a dip and munch on those veggie sticks so it looks like you are getting involved with the nibbles
· If you go to a Party get the waiter to put soda into a champagne glass or have soda and fresh lime(looks like a vodka soda)
· At a cocktail party or functions do as above and stick to the protein and vegetable options pass on the fried food and if people question say you are GLUTEN INTOLERANT
· Restaurants once again say you are gluten intolerant and say you want your Protein(any menu has a steak, chicken or fish option) with sauce on the side and ASK for a side of vegetables or salad!!!!!
· When u start feeling like caving in, REMEMBER and try to imagine last time you over indulged how you felt 5mins after you did it or the next day?? Works for me…. makes me stop!!
· Drink heaps of water
· If you go for coffee remember that skinny latte is usually TRIM milk or LIGHT milk, NOT skim(so a whole lot more calories)! I always check what milk they use and if trim ask for it on the side so u can add a dash yourself or just learn to go BLACK!!! Don’t be afraid to ask REMEMBER it’s your body and you want results!!! And if your friends like to have cake why don’t u smuggle in a low carb Musashi SLM bar and when they are trying to shove cake down your neck tell them you LOVE these bars and offer them some!!! ALWAYS BE PREPARED!!!! BACK UP PLANS!!! Apples, protein bars and PORTIONED bags of nuts in handbag!!!
You are not missing out if you don’t eat crap. YOU are actually giving yourself a better life MENTALLY and PHSICALLY by eating clean and looking after yourself… You get healthy from within… Don’t treat your body like a trash can!!! One body, one life, be the BEST you can be!!! Hope all you oxygirls are great and loving life……… Skye xxxx